New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation will help prepare you for your transition to Kennesaw State University. All new first year and transfer students are required to attend a New Student Orientation session. During your session, you will:
- meet other new students and your Orientation Leader
- learn more about campus life and how to get involved in the KSU community
- attend a group academic advising session
- register for your classes
- receive more information about picking up your Talon card (the KSU student ID card)
- explore parking options for both campuses
Welcome to Owl Nation — we’re looking forward to meeting you and helping your find your wings!
Session Modality Options
Starting Spring 2022, we are offering both virtual and in-person Orientation options. Both options will provide students the opportunity to register for their classes, meet with academic advisors, meet new students and receive information for a successful transition to campus. Use the Sign-Up page on this site https://orientation.kennesaw.edu/new-student-orientation/registration.php to sign-up for your session.
Please complete the following items prior to your New Student Orientation session:
- Check your personal and KSU email daily.
- KSU highly suggests that you schedule a Pre-Orientation Advising session. To make
an advising appointment, click here and use your KSU NetID and password.
- We recommend meeting with your academic advisor within two weeks of your scheduled New Student Orientation date.
- For more information about academic advising, please click here.
- Check Owl Express for any holds.
- Holds can be viewed by logging into Owl Express and selecting Registration, then selecting View Holds.
- For more information about registration holds, please click here
- New Student Programs suggests you complete the KSU Pre-Orientation Online Modules
by clicking here. These will help prepare you for your scheduled session. Be sure to block 25 minutes
off to complete the modules.
If you require an accommodation, ASL interpreting, or real-time captioning to participate in Orientation, please contact Student Disability Services at email@example.com at least five business days before your Orientation date.
- If you require an accommodation, ASL interpreting, or real-time captioning to participate in Orientation, please contact Student Disability Services at firstname.lastname@example.org at least five business days before your Orientation date.
- Submit your photo for your Talon Card. Click here for information about the Online Photo Submission upload instructions. You must have an approved photo to pick up your Talon Card at your orientation session
- Attend the New Student Orientation session on your scheduled date.
- An email reminder will be sent to you within 72 hours of your scheduled session.
- Check out kennesaw.edu for more information about the schedule of the day, what to expect, and more!
- We are excited for you to join Owl Nation! If you have any questions, please email us at KSUOrientation@kennesaw.edu or call us at 470-KSU-INFO (470-578-4636).
Student Orientation Schedule
Specific schedules will be provided to students before their New Student Orientation session. Students can expect to actively participate in programming from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for both the virtual and in-person New Student Orientation sessions. Programming after 3 p.m. is optional. Please check out the dates page on this site for more information.
Parent & Family Orientation
Students can sign up one guest to attend a Parent & Family Orientation session. The Parent and Family Orientation sessions are held in tandem with student sessions. Check out the Parent and Family Orientation page on this site for more information about what to expect, benefits of attending, and more.
For additional questions, please contact New Student Programs at 470-KSU-INFO (470-578-4636) or email KSUOrientation@kennesaw.edu.