New Student Orientation
At New Student Orientation, you’ll register for classes, meet with an academic advisor, get your Talon One Card and connect with new Owls! Our program is designed to assist you with resources and guidance for a successful transition to KSU. Welcome to Owl Nation — we’re looking forward to meeting you!
Please complete the following items prior to your New Student Orientation session.
- Check your NetID and password. This will give you access to Owl Express course registration during your New Student Orientation session. Need Assistance?
- Schedule a pre-advising appointment. We encourage you to meet with your advisor before Orientation. Please visit KSU Advising to schedule an appointment.
- If you require accommodations to participate in Orientation, such as an ASL Interpreter, assistive listening device, etc., please contact Student Disability Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-578-2666. Please provide 5 business days notice of your request to ensure that accommodations can be arranged for your scheduled session. Please note: We are not able to provide a wheelchair or other medical equipment.
Student Orientation Schedule
Orientation during Summer of 2021 will include:
- Pre-orientation modules with information to help you set up for success before your Orientation day.
- A "live" virtual experience on your scheduled Orientation day, including meetings with your academic advisors, hearing from campus partners and resources, and time with your Orientation Leader and a small group of peers.
- Weekly webinar-type offerings to dive deep into campus offerings and resources.
- Welcome back events aimed at assisting students and parents with the transition to college, once we return face-to-face.
All student orientation sessions are not confirmed until a payment is made online through the student portal of Owl Express. Student and Parent / Family orientation fees are non-refundable.
Sign-up and fee collection occurs in the student’s Owl Express account.
For additional questions, please contact Orientation and Transitions Programs at 478-KSU-INFO (470-578 -4636) or email KSUOrientation@kennesaw.edu.