New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation will help prepare you for your transition to Kennesaw State University. All new first year and transfer students are required to attend a New Student Orientation session. During your session, you will:
- meet other new students and your Orientation Leader
- learn more about campus life and how to get involved in the KSU community
- attend a group academic advising session
- register for your classes
- receive more information about picking up your Talon card (the KSU student ID card)
- explore parking options for both campuses
Welcome to Owl Nation — we’re looking forward to meeting you and helping your find your wings!
This fall, New Student Programs is offering a hybrid model for our orientation sessions:
(Virtual sessions required for all new first year and transfer students)
Students will attend a virtual New Student Orientation session via Zoom. Students will receive pre and post-orientation online modules to provide extended information for a successful transition to campus. Use the Sign-Up page on this site to register for your session.
(Optional in-person events for all new first year and transfer students)
In addition to virtual orientation sessions, New Student Programs will be offering optional in-person New Owl Welcome events on campus to help connect students to important resources, explore the campus, and get to know other students. Invitations to sign up for a NOW event will be sent to your KSU email address within three weeks of your scheduled virtual orientation session. Click here for more information about New Owl Welcome!
Please complete the following items prior to your New Student Orientation session:
- Ensure that you have activated your KSU NetID, password, and Duo Mobile authentication. To look up your NetID and/or password, click here. For more information about Duo Mobile, click here. Please contact the Student Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 470-578-3555 for any technical difficulties.
- We encourage you to meet with your advisor before Orientation. Please visit KSU Advising to schedule a pre-advising appointment.
- If you require accommodations to participate in Orientation, such as an ASL Interpreter, assistive listening device, etc., please contact Student Disability Services at email@example.com or 470-578-2666. Please provide the request at least 5 business days before your scheduled session to ensure that accommodations can be arranged for your scheduled session. Please note: We are not able to provide a wheelchair or other medical equipment during in person sessions.
- Complete our pre-orientation modules with information to help you set up for success before your session. These will be sent to your KSU email account within two weeks of your scheduled session.
Student Orientation Schedule
Specific schedules will be provided to students before their New Student Orientation session. Students can expect to participate in programming starting at 9:00 a.m. for our virtual New Student Orientation sessions. Please check out the dates page on this site for more information.
Parent & Family Orientation
New Student Programs offers Parent and Family Orientation sessions that run in tandem with student sessions. Check out the Parent and Family Orientation page on this site for more information about what to expect, benefits of attending, and more.
For additional questions, please contact New Student Programs at 470-KSU-INFO (470-578-4636) or email KSUOrientation@kennesaw.edu.